IndustryBeauty & Cosmetics
B2B setupHybrid B2C & B2B
Two Dudes is a New Zealand based cosmetics company that makes natural men's products for hair, body, and face. This month sees the launch of their new B2B channel to support their growing retail operation.
Two Dudes’ mission is centred around the belief that every man deserves to use premium quality products that are simple to use, easy to understand, and accessible. From every sale, 10% of the profits are donated to one of their men's health charity partners, who they actively work with to make a difference to men's health in New Zealand.
In November 2020, Two Dudes launched their DTC brand on Shopify and, soon after, began to expand into wholesale, working directly with retailers.
Operationally, their B2B sales were very manual and labour intensive and a key pain point was a lack of automation, including:
- Customers ordering by email, which meant having to manually translate email text into orders
- Customers did not have good visibility of pricing and volumetric tiered pricing could be difficult to explain
- Heavily manual process in order to gather and track data related to B2B orders
- No integration with our fulfilment software which meant B2B orders had to be uploaded manually
In early 2022, Two Dudes implemented SparkLayer into their Shopify store and within a matter of weeks were able to enable a brand new B2B channel to accelerate their growth. With SparkLayer installed, this has now allowed:
- Self-service ordering for customers with 24/7 access
- Onboarding new customers is much easier with the sign up form
- Great visibility of pricing + volumetric pricing tiers and pack sizes
With SparkLayer integrating seamlessly with Shopify, this has brought a number of other key improvements that were previously handled manually.
- All B2B orders are pushed directly into their fulfilment software, negating the need to input orders manually
- Using the Shopify Analytics, all B2B data and key metrics can be tracked
- With their Email Service Provider, all B2B customers and orders are segmented, allowing automated email flows for more efficient customer service.
At my previous job I was a Product Owner for a B2B E-Commerce solution. We went deep on understanding customer pain points and built a bespoke solution from scratch. It took around 12 months and a big budget. When I came across Spark Layer I genuinely thought it was too good to be true, because it solved 99% of these pain points via an app utilising our existing D2C website assets. Even when the team were helping us to complete installation it felt like there had to be a catch... but it never came. I genuinely can't believe how good this solution is, offering brands an easy way to service their B2B customers without having to build anything new. Love your work, team! - Tomas Tappin, Co-Founder Two Dudes
To learn more about Two Dudes, you can visit their website.
To see how SparkLayer works with Shopify, you can explore via the links below: